عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
After the collapse of the Soviet Union, the New Eurasia, as the sleeping area and away from the center of the world politics, has become the focus of attention for the regional and trans-regional powers. After Russia, Iran also is a central player in this region due to its geostrategic and unique position. In this context, the development of cooperation and regional security concerns are all the main subject and priority for the I.R. of Iran. This means what is the Iran's position in the region? To what extent are the problems facing the country comprehensive in terms of security? How can the most important strategic elements of future security relations with the countries of the region be analyzed and at what level can the country play its rightful role within it? These questions and more are issues, all of which will be addressed in this essay. Therefore, according to many variables with different impacts, realities and complexities of the region and by considering the possibility of role advancement of Iran in the territory of Eurasia, this paper tries to explain Iran's regional approach according to rational behavior and the relative desirability in the area of regional security. In this context, the concept of security and its regional approaches will be investigated theoretically in a descriptive-analytical method firstly. Additionally, on the one hand a series of changes that instigate the insecurity and instability of Eurasia, and on the other hand, those issues specifically in the central East sub-systems, South Caucasus and the Caspian region that are identified as Iran's immediate security environment in the framework of Eurasia, are analyzed.
19. Associated Press (2012). "Israel Signs $1.6 Billion Arms Deal with Azerbaijan", February 26.
20. Balci, Bayram (2014). "Turkey’s Religious Outreach in Central Asia and the Caucasus", Hudson Institute, January 27.
21. Binnie, Jeremy (2012a). "Analysis: Iran Threatens to Deploy Subs to the Caspian", Jane’s Defence Weekly, June 22.
22. Binnie, Jeremy (2012b). "All at Sea-Iran Threatens Military Moves into the Caspian", Jane’s Defence Weekly, September 24, https://janes-ihscom.
23. Buzan, Barry and Ole Waver (2003). Regions and Powers: The Structure of International Security, New York, Cambridge University Press.
24. Carig, Nation, R. (2007). "Russia, the United States and the Caucasus", Strategic Studies Institute (SSI), U.S. Army War College.
25. Cichock, Mark (2003). Russia and Eurasia Politics, London, Langman.
26. Cordesman, Anthony H., Bryan Gold, Robert Shelala and Michael Gibbs, (2013). "U.S. and Iranian Strategic Competition Turkey and the South Caucasus", Center for Strategic and International Studies, January 12.
27. Daly, John C. K. (2014). After Ukraine, Russia Beefs Up Military in Armenia and Kyrgyzstan", Silkroad Reporters, October 24.
28. Ehteshami, Anoushirvan (2004). "Iran’s International Posture after the Fall of Baghdad", The Middle East Journal, Washington, Vol. 58, No. 2.
29. Grove, Thomas (2012). "Azerbaijan Eyes Aiding Israel against Iran", Reuters, http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/30/us-iran-israel-azerbaijan- idUSBRE88T05L20120930.
30. Gurbanova, Nargiz (2012). "Azerbaijan is Not Israel’s Secret Staging Ground", Foreign Policy, April 2.
31. Hinsley, F. H. (1967). Power and the Pursuit of Peace, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press.
32. Huganami, H. (1978). "A Note on the origin of the word International", British Journal of International studies, No. 4.
33. Jones, Seth G. (2014). A Persistent Threat: The Evolution of al Qa’ida and Other Salafi Jihadists, Rand Corporation.
34. Kaplan, Robert D. (2012). "Geography Strikes Back", The Wall Street Journal, September 7.
35. Karbuz, Sohbet (2010). "The Caspian’s Unsettled Legal Framework: Energy Security Implications", Journal of Energy Security, May 18.
36. Kraig, Michael (2004). "Assesing Alternative Security Frameworks for the Persian Gulf", Middle East Policy Council, Vol. 1.
37. Kucera, Joshua (2012b). "Iran Practices Laying Mines in Caspian", http://www.eurasianet.org/node/65937.
38. Kucera, Joshua (2012a). "The Great Caspian Arms Race", Foreign Policy.
39. Mankoff, Jeffrey (2012). "The Big Caucasus: Between Fragmentation and Integration", March, http://csis.org/files/publication/120326_Mankoff_ BigCaucasus_Web.pdf.
40. Perry, Mark (2012). "Israel’s Secret Staging Ground", Foreign Policy, March 28, 2012. http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/03/28/israel _s_secret_staging _ ground? page=full.
41. Russetsky, Alexander (2002). "Regional Security Issues View from Georgia", Conflict Studies Research Centre, No. 39.
Shelala, Robert M., Nori Kasting and Anthony H. Cordesman (2013). "US and Iranian Strategic Competition: The Impact of Afghanistan, Pakistan, India and Central Asia", Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), June 26.